Hi everyone, My self Seema Chauhan & I’m from Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh), India………….
I write content for website, blog as a freelancing from India and specialize in stories about travel, adventure, pilgrimages and local culture. My stories have appeared in several publications in India and abroad, including:
I am also the co-author of a blog on freelance journalism, Everything you wanted to know about freelance journalism (but didn’t know whom to ask). I have been blogging here since 2012 and Travelholid is one of India’s oldest and most popular travel blogs, featured in several publications.
Here are many things about me as a traveler you’ve always wanted to know but didn’t know whom to ask.
See, you didn’t want to know. Never mind. Here they are, anyway.
1. To see what I do in my real life, head here.
2. That real life occupation – being a content writer – is a dream come true for me. In fact, for many years, I did not even dare to dream about it. I worked in social marketing for over four years. After year two, I pretty much started hating the work. And it just kept getting worse.
3. The first time I traveled alone was at the ripe old age of 21. That’s right. It was for my vacation trip in Goa, India. Since then, I have been to four countries. I want to have visited at least ten countries. I may as well admit here that doesn’t leave me with much time.
4. Of all the cities I have visited, I love Goa, Kerala and Manali the most. In India, my favourites are Shimla, Darjeeling and Leh.
5. My dream destinations are: the Switzerland, all of Scotland, Australia, South Africa and more.
6. I have never understood this whole business about traveler and tourist. Come on, we are all tourists in one way.
7. Related to that, travel condescension puts me off. It can work both ways – inverse condescension puts me off too – how cheaply one travels, how lightly one packs, how hostels are the only way to stay and so on.
8. That earlier point. It has one of my biggest travel regrets. Packing light. I just cannot get it right. I end up taking much more than I need. Every single time. My perfect trip would be one where I managed to pack all I need in a backpack and find someone else to carry it for me.
9. In my spare time, I browse through the archives of my favourite travel blogs and flickr photo streams. I can never see myself do a round-the-world trip – but I am certain I will see the world, one bit at a time.
10. Being a vegetarian is sometimes the toughest part of my travels. And not just because I think it is difficult to find vegetarian food in some places but also because I believe that food is an integral part of the travel experience.
11. Despite being a vegetarian, I try to sample as much local food as I can – especially street food. I get Indian food cravings once in a while but these are rare and pass quickly.
12. I love people watching, responding, hearing. I want to let more & more info from the people.
13. The most stunning thing I have seen in my travels is the Shirdi temple at sunset in Sirdi.
14. I am not a big fan of adventure deed. The most I have managed is parasailing in Goa when I landed splash into the water. Actually, I have a great fear of water indeed – which I want to overcome but still I’m trying to overcome about this.
15. I don’t always need luxury travel. But I am definitely all for comfort travel. The words budget and travel don’t go together for me.
16. One of the biggest pleasures of travel is meeting fellow travelers – I have met and made some great friends in my travels.
17. I never take notes when I travel. I use my photographs as notes if I ever need to write about the place or experience.
18. I wish I had a better talent for languages. I am hopeless at picking up new ones.
19. I am an internet junkie. I have to, have to, connect with the world out there even when I am traveling. ‘Switch off’ is definitely not my thing.
20. I love heritage and culture travel – following that, mountains. I am not too hot on beaches. As I said, I travel to recharge, not to relax.
21. I am a big fan of short breaks (long breaks too). If I don’t go somewhere new for three months, I get all antsy.
22. My ideal travel world would be free from inequality, including in visas.
23. I hate traveling in big groups. And a big group is anything more than two.
24. I love road trips. While I was on road trip, I listen English & Hindi songs or sometimes I like to watch horror movie.
And to end, I have discovered that I like talking about myself (or in this case, writing) more than I thought.
Contact me at (email@example.com) for anything else you’d like to know?????